Homeownership comes with all kinds of unexpected challenges, including questions about the safety and stability of your foundation. When cracks and bowing threaten the foundation of your home, it’s time to explore your crack repair options with Premier Wall Anchor & Waterproofing.
Issues Affecting Your Basement
Your basement may be low on your list of things to check regularly, but while you’re busy tending to daily life upstairs, your foundation may be suffering. Water in the soil outside your home poses a problem for the porous concrete blocks forming your foundation. While the occasional rainstorm likely won’t mean much, standing water oversaturates the landscape and puts pressure on your foundation, resulting in damage ranging from small cracks to crumbling walls. Repeated contraction and expansion could cause similar damage.
Foundation Crack Repair
To prevent your foundation from deteriorating, consider waterproofing your basement, but once cracks are already in place, you need to commit to repairs as quickly as possible.
At Premier Wall Anchor & Waterproofing, we offer two types of foundation repair solutions:
- Sealants are ideal for treating minor cracks by closing up the damage and rendering the wall impervious to additional moisture. While sealants are affordable, they’re only effective for smaller cracks.
- Larger structural issues and extensive damage require a more comprehensive approach. In some circumstances, as is the case with wall failures, the best bet is to restabilize both the wall and the soil. This solution comes at a higher cost, but works far better to correct major concerns and ensure your foundation is one again secure.
When To Call For Help
Even a small crack in your foundation can be a problem, but it’s easier to fix a small crack than a giant fissure. Commit to regular inspections of the interior and exterior of your home and look for:
- Standing water near or touching your home’s foundation
- Walls that bow or lean inward at the top or bottom
- Cracks at the corners of your walls or along the floor or basement roof
- Areas of crumbling foundation
Schedule Your Assessment
If you’ve noticed a crack in your basement wall or suspect your foundation is comprised, it’s important to act quickly. Bring in the experts at Premium Wall Anchor & Waterproofing and address your concerns before it’s too late. Call us today at 800-573-7170 or contact us online and we’ll reach out as soon as we can.